Turn any 3D printer into a laser engraver/cutter! Cuts wood, acrylic, fabric, paper. 5.6W output.
Price: USD $185
L-CHEAPO DIODE LASER CUTTER
L-Cheapo is a high power solid state laser device, designed to be mounted to CNC gantries such as 3d printers, engravers, plotters, or mills, in many cases without impeding normal tool operation. Without any tools, an L-Cheapo mounted on a 3d printer can swap from lasing to printing in under two minutes. The L-Cheapo is open source hardware, designed and manufactured in the USA since 2014. Though imitations try, nothing beats the reliable solid-state output per dollar of L-Cheapo.
What can L-Cheapo do? It can cut and engrave acrylic, wood, leather, plastic, glass, and even engrave brass, copper, iron, aluminum, and mild steel! It can also be used to sinter resins, and rapidly cure silicones. With a measured workpiece output of up to 10.0W, and able to run continously for hours, anything you can’t cut in a single pass can be iterated on without the risk of overworking the laser. This offers an accessible solution to the hobbyist market for large laser projects.
HOME CNC CUTTING, ETCHING & ENGRAVING
The L-Cheapo is the perfect choice to mount to your desktop CNC. Here are some of its features.
- Mount to your 3D printer or CNC
- Upgrades existing desktop laser engravers
- Reverse voltage protection for safer hookups
- Wide range PWM+analog input - so precise, you can transmit audio!
- Two stage current regulation for maximum efficiency and clean regulation
- L-CHEAPO continuous thermal feedback - physics is the best computer!
- Hand picked laser diodes
- Unique safety tilt switch built right into the module
- Each unit is individually tested for quality
- Wind tunnel engineered cowling avoids laminar flow on the heatsink for better heat transfer
Check out the L-Cheapo Wiki Page for open source details and more information.
BY OPERATING A L-CHEAPO LASER, WHETHER BOUGHT AS A KIT OR BUILT FROM PLANS, YOU AGREE AND ACCEPT:
- You are of the age of majority in your country of citizenship.
- You know the potential hazards in using high power lasers.
- You will wear laser-eye-protection when operating the laser.
- You will use this device in a legal and safe manner.
- You relieve the seller from any liability arising from the sale or use of this component / device / item.
- You will NEVER aim this device at people or animals, even when out of focus. Much like with a firearm, assume that anyone not behind you is at risk.
|App Note - Taig Mill L-Cheapo.pdf|